Turner’s Vision: The Gay Parita Gas Station

Gary Turner’s station was a re-creation of a circa-1930 gas station owned by Fred and Gay Mason that stood in the small township of Paris Springs, Missouri, until it burned down in 1955.

During his retirement, Turner rebuilt the station, and it quickly became a must-stop for Route 66 travelers because of his hospitality and his ability to connect with just about anyone. A short 15-minute visit would often turn into a complete afternoon — and the visitors didn’t mind. Gary was full of stories and wasn’t afraid to share them.

 

Thanks for the memories:
Gary Gene Turner February 3, 1944 – January 22, 2015

Please follow and like us:
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial
%d bloggers like this: